Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty-Virtual Book Club

Our first book club pick is a book receiving a lot of positive reviews right now called 'The Chaperone' by Laura Moriarty.

Let's plan to finish this by August 18th and then pick a date for discussion.  


While you read, try thinking of some music you think would make a good soundtrack for this novel.  Post in comments as you read and I'll put together a soundtrack.  Who do you think they would cast for the main characters in a movie?

Penguin offers a readers guide that we can use to direct the discussion. For those of us who are local, it might be fun to plan an afternoon at Wyandotte Winery or a coffee shop to discuss.
The link to the reader's guide is below:

http://us.penguingroup.com/static/rguides/us/the_chaperone.html

3 comments:

  1. Can you double-check the Penguin link?

    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, I think the site must be down. I checked the link before I published and it worked but now it doesn't and even when I click from a google search that page won't open. I'll check it again in a bit to see if it is working. If not, I'll find another link :) Thanks for the heads-up

      Delete
  2. How's everyone doing with the book, I'm not very far along.....need to catch up this week while the kids are at camp!

    ReplyDelete