Thursday, July 12, 2012

What exactly is a 'digital nightstand'?  

In the past you could easily see what I was reading or was planning to read by taking a look at was was piling up on the nightstand(and often floor)beside my bed.  

These days my nightstand rarely holds any physical books, but is an arms-reach away from thousands of books residing within my iPad or kindle ready to whisk me away at a moments notice.

 With the wealth of e-readers and digital devices as well as a growing library of e-books(many free), more and more of us are growing our reading lists on our kindles, iPads, Nooks and other readers.  My e-reader truly has become my digital nightstand. A virtual library at my fingertips.

 I hope to explore different reading devices, content and reading websites as well as host a monthly 'virtual book club'.  I hope you'll join me on this journey.......adventures are always more fun with  friends!

“She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain.”
― Louisa May AlcottWork: A Story of Experience

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any suggestions? I'm somewhat intrigued by the 'Age of Miracles book'. I read a sample of it and it sounded good. Dystopian.

    ReplyDelete